Saturday, July 17, 2010

day to day, where do you want to be

I was pressured into starting this.

Typico, I don't read blogs. I don't write blogs. I don't enjoy blogs. And I tend to be just a liiiiiittle bit judgy when I do read 'em. Starting this 'blog' makes me a bit of a hypocrite. Blogocrite. But also, I won't be able to be in touch with friends and family as often in a few days and this is just too convenient to pass up.

So here I am. Swallowing my pride, putting my foot in my mouth, biting the bullet, jumping the shark.

Anyway. The name of this thing is really from a book I like called A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. And it's basically about this guy who is writing a movie screenplay based on his own life, and he realizes he has to make some changes to make a good movie, because a lot of the time the life he is living isn't a good story. The whole point of the book is that our lives are just compilations of stories, and we should make them good ones. We should live stories worth hearing, you know? Like, no one wants to see the movie about a guy who desperately desires a new sedan and finally gets to drive off the lot, testing the windshield wipers as he goes. It's about creating inciting incidents that shape the character and writing passion and living life that is worth reading about.

So I guess that's why I'm going to Australia tomorrow.

current song: See the World by Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment