Friday, October 22, 2010

sipping life down

I WANT:
-To eat Mexican food.
-To wear different clothes.
-To see my family.
-To have fun with my best friends.
-To eat Honey Bunches of Oats.
[You have no idea how hard it was to make this list not all about food]
-To have my room.
-Assignments to be done.

Mostly what I am really ready for is to be comfortable. I don't want to feel like I'm in someone else's house or at other people's schools anymore. It's been almost 4 months of being out of my comfort zone. And that's been great and I have been able to feel somewhat 'at home' here. But it isn't the same as my home. I'm really looking forward to being with my friends who really know me, and not having to ask directions everywhere I go.

I DON'T WANT:
-To leave Australia.
-To leave my friends and family here.
-To even think about fitting my stuff in my suitcase.
-To have to drive places.
-To leave Sydney summer for Upland winter.

There are really 2 things I hate about leaving. One of them is feeling like I wasn't able to experience everything here in Sydney before I leave. The days are going by so fast and with classes and service placement, it's so hard to try to get to everything. I know there's no way I'll see all there is so see, but I don't want to leave wishing I had done more. The other thing I hate thinking about is leaving all the other people in the ASC group. My experience with the other students here with me was different than I expected, but I love the community we've developed. And I know that no matter how well we stay in touch, we won't ever be able to go back to what we have here, and that makes me a little sad.

It's a strange mix of feelings now. I'm so ready to be home, but I hate thinking about leaving here. Right now I just want to live it up and really enjoy my final weeks in Sydney. And speaking of living it up, I am off to the beach.

current song: Tomorrow Comes a Day Too Soon by Flogging Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment